Recently, Nabeel Qureshi (or his missionary pals) released a video in which he claims that Zakir Naik challenges those people to debate who are weak in speech and articulating arguments in public. He further claims that Zakir Naik has not responded to the debate offers from David Wood, Sam Shamoun, Jay Smith, James White, and Nabeel himself.
Nabeel Qureshi Misleading Christians via half-truths?
Qureshi appears to offer half-truths (to mislead folk into the opinion that Zakir Naik is afraid of debating Qureshi and his pals?). However, Qureshi does not state the reason why Naik's administration team dismiss debate offers of this nature. The reason being, these Christians are not popular enough, thus Naik's team ruthlessly reject these "debate offers". Sadly, Qureshi does not tell us of this important point. Why?
Christians Realize Zakir Naik is Not Afraid
On August 2, 2011 Didact (MuslimDidact) had a twitter conversation with Dr. James White (Dr.Oakley1689) on this particular subject. Part of the conversation is reproduced below for your perusal (Note: a break in conversation reveals an anomaly in the time stamps):
There you have it! Dr. Zakir Naik is not afraid of debating the likes of Nabeel Qureshi, who by Naik's standards is a neophyte in the apologetics circle as he can't boast an audience of 10,000. It's important to note that James White remarks 'his standard is arbitrary', which is no doubt his personal opinion. However, even more striking is the fact that James White had the audacity to say "he will not debate those who can demonstrate his ignorance of the Bible". Such shameless effrontery from a Christian apologist! Is James White making assumptions here? How does he know that Naik does not wish to debate those who can 'demonstrate his ignorance of the Bible'?
In our honest humble opinion, if Nabeel Qureshi wishes to debate Zakir Naik he must publicly denounce or rectify the following:
1) David Wood's fabrication of:
A. 'Islamic Thighing':
- Where did David Wood get this so-called fatwa that legalizes 'Thighing'. Would be correct to assume that David Wood is a sexual pervert if he can't produce evidence? After all, just exactly where did he get this 'fatwa' from?
- Did David Wood have to scavenge the deepest and darkest depths of the internet to concoct this lie? Where did you get this one from David Wood? What Hadith or Qur'anic literature do yo have to support your sinister assertion?
2) Sam Shamoun's bold declaration that:
A. 'Muslims Are Cancer to Society':
- We would have thought that Sam Shamoun, allegedly a priestly man, should follow the example of Christ. Unfortunately, calling 1.7+ billion people on the planet as "cancer to society", does not exactly fit the Biblical Christ description I know. Care to explain your objectionable behaviour Sam? Perhaps an apology is in store for us.
3) Jay Smith's lie:
A. 'Satan is the Creator of Wine':
- Did Jay Smith think he could get away with a lie in a televised debate? How could Jay make a major gaffe? Is 'creating enmity' synonymous with 'creation' to him? Time to grow up Jay Smith and do your research than concoct a brilliant lie in the middle of a debate.
4) James Smith's admission:
A. 'The Author of the Book of Hebrews is Unknown':
- James White -- a man of heart, spirit, and reflection, but when it comes to trusting Biblical sources it's all about blind faith. Just exactly how does one convey the message of Christianity when the dubious authorship of the Book of Hebrews is unknown in history to us? Nabeel, looks like you have your work cut out for you.
5) Nabeel Qureshi's absurd claim that:
A. 'The Prophet Muhammad was Unsure of His Salvation AND Told People To Pray For Him':
- Was he unsure of his salvation Nabeel? Are you sure you aren't mixing up historical events to make your ends meet? Chronology is important you know - it defines the sequence of events in which they take place. Also, where's that Hadith & Qur'anic literature reference where the Prophet Muhammad asked people to pray for him? A little history reading will do you good.
B. 'Consensual Sex With Married Slaves = Rape'
- When was consensual sex between two persons ever considered rape? Even if one them happens to be married? Bottom line: consensual sex =/= rape!
Come on Nabeel, is that too much to ask?:
Unanswered questions: Christian apologists...