Monday, 7 April 2014
Best Religion for Homosexuals and Bisexuals? Islam or Christianity?
For me it's clear that Islam is the better religion for the gay man, gay woman (lesbian) and for the bisexual man/woman who wants to remain chaste.
Firstly before moving on to some practical and spiritual considerations that help the homosexual and bisexual to remain chaste we must mention that Islam teaches pure monotheism - worship God alone. This is the message of all the Prophets (p). In Trinitarian Christianity they do not teach pure monotheism, the teaching in Trinitarian Christianity is a 3 in 1 teaching where they also attribute divinity to Prophet Jesus (p).
So in beliefs Islam is the religion for all of those who want to adhere to the basic teaching of all Prophets (p).
When it comes to practicalities to help the homosexual/bisexual person to avoid same-sex sexual relations, Islam has more to offer than Christianity:
1. Islam obligates the adherent to break from the world and worship God at least FIVE times in the 24 hour day at different intervals - this obviously leaves the Muslim more spiritually charged to battle any desires he/she may have. Another point to be taken from this obligation is that it leaves the person with less time for sin. In Christianity these fine teachings are absent.
2. In Islam, for a whole month every year, Muslims fast. Fasting would help the person of same sex attraction to recharge spiritually. This would obviously help anybody wanting to remain chaste - whether the person is homosexual or heterosexual. This fasting is not present in Christianity.
3. Islam does not allow the consumption of alcohol at all. We know that alcohol leads to a lot of sexual sins as it lowers the inhibitions. This problem is killed off straight away in Islam by complete prohibition of alcohol. In Christianity this is not the case, the teaching in Christianity is to not get drunk - this is obviously a very difficult thing to do due to the nature of the substance, one glass of wine leads to another and it ultimately leads to drunkenness.
4. In Islam, looking at the nudity of a person of the same gender is not allowed, thus helping to remove any temptations in locker rooms/changing rooms:
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) expressly forbade one man to look at the ‘awrah of another, or one woman to look at the ‘awrah of another. It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man should look at the ‘awrah of another man, and no woman should look at the ‘awrah of another woman.” http://islamqa.info/en/66824
I am not aware of a similar teaching in Christianity.
5. In the Mosques you are unlikely to find people who support gay marriage or who are openly gay/lesbian/bisexual whilst these people are becoming more and more common in churches thus the danger, for the homosexual/bisexual who wants to remain chaste, of getting in with a crowd which could lead them to same-sex sexual relations is greater in the churches rather than the mosques.
6. Muslim art is dominated by beautiful calligraphy and fine patterns while Christian art is focussed on life drawings. Many of these life drawings are indeed of naked semi-naked figures. Of course this does not help the person with same-sex attraction at all.
7. Cultures in Muslim communities are modest yet cultures in Christian communities are not as modest.
8. Muslims have the least sex outside of marriage according to statistics. Clearly something is working for Muslims:
If you are a bisexual, homosexual (gay/lesbian) who wants to remain chaste then Islam is for you. As a matter of fact, Islam is for everybody, the doors of repentance and mercy are open:
For Gay Men: What's Better Islam or Unitarian Universalism?
Christians having dreams and converting to Islam:
Invitation to Islam
Jesus taught people to do the Will of God (according to Mark 3:35) in order to become his brothers, mothers or sisters. A Muslim means one who submits to the Will of God. Do you want to become a brother of Jesus? If yes, become a Muslim.
Learn about Islam:
tags: gay marriage, churches, nude paintings Christianity, islam spirituality, zakir naik, ahmed deedat, hamza Yusuf, repentance, gay man wants to be religious, salafi, shia, sufi, sharia, catholics, Mexicans, Jamaica,